Here at Bay View we have put some new procedures in place to keep everyone safe. If you are planning to dine in our restaurant please have a read of the information below, thank you.
As Lancashire has been conformed as a tier 2 location guests are not allowed to dine together unless they are from the same household. To ensure the safety of our customers and team the number of tables available has been halved. Walk-in customers are welcome but we prefer online reservations especially as for lunch and at weekends the restaurant gets full.
Breakfast is served from 9am Monday to Saturday and from 10am on Sundays. Lunch from 12.00pm daily and Afternoon Tea from 1pm daily.
Same day bookings are not available, please book before 3.30pm the day before you wish to come.
- Reservation must be made using our online booking system, available at www.bayviewgardencentre.co.uk and make a non-refundable £10 deposit. Bookings for coffee and cake require a non-refundable £5 deposit. Walk-ins are welcome and will be on a first come first served basis.
- Diners are to enter the restaurant by the main entrance and wait for a host to greet you
- We require you to wear a mask when walking through the restaurant and going to the till to pay for your order
- A table will be allocated to you and you will be taken to be seated by our Host
- Our menus will be on the table for you to choose from
- Our table server will come and take your order at the table, place the order at our tills and then ask one of your party to follow them to the till point to pay. Our systems do not currently accommodate payment at your table however we are investing to change this as soon as we can.
- Please pay by card only
- We will deliver your order to your table along with cutlery, napkins and any condiments
- Please keep all of your party together at your table at all times
- If you should need to use the WC please exit and enter the restaurant using the door to our retail area.
- All tables, chairs, menus and table numbers will be sanitised in between customer bookings.
- We want you to enjoy your experience with us but would ask that once you have finished you vacate your table so we can be ready for the next customers
- The restaurant exit is through the door into our retail area
- Sanitiser is available for your use at the entrance and exit to the restaurant and garden centre.
- The number of seats have been drastically reduced so to achieve a 2m distance between customers. Whilst there has been much talk of the “1 metre plus rule” our reading of the guidance is that if we can stick at 2m we should. The restaurant seats are 60% fewer than before
- Our chefs and servers will all be wearing PPE
We hope that these steps, and the many others behind the scenes, will keep us all as safe as is possible.
When the weather allows our new Garden Cafe will be open, serving hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, ice creams and the very popular Bay View cakes with al fresco eating in the newly landscaped grounds. There is no need to make an online reservation for the Garden Cafe.
Thank you for your support during these difficult times.