The Restaurant is open
We are taking online bookings only for the restaurant. Walk-ins are welcome but we are unable to take telephone bookings.
Same day bookings are not available, please book before 3.30pm the day before you wish to come.
Breakfast served from 9.00am Monday to Saturday and from 10am on Sundays. Lunch from 12.00pm Monday to Sunday.
Our primary objective is to maintain the safety of both our customers and our team and as a result we have introduced many changes to the way we operate. We hope that our customers will understand our cautious approach. We will review these new protocols once we are up and running and react to any changes in Government guidance.
A summary of the major changes:
- Reservation must be made using our online booking system, available at www.bayviewgardencentre.co.uk and make a non-refundable £10 deposit. Bookings for coffee and cake require a non-refundable £5 deposit. Walk-ins are welcome and will be on a first come first served basis.
- After dining customers are free to shop in the garden centre if they wish. Access to the restaurant is from a dedicated entrance for that purpose and diners cannot enter from the retail area.
- The number of seats have been drastically reduced so to achieve a 2m distance between customers. Whilst there has been much talk of the “1 metre plus rule” our reading of the guidance is that if we can stick at 2m we should. The restaurant seats are 60% fewer than before
- Diners will be shown to the restaurant by our greeter and we have created one way in and a separate way out
- All diners are required to sanitise their hands before entering the restaurant
- Condiments will be delivered by your server to along with cutlery and napkins
- Our chefs and servers will all be wearing PPE; our colleague taking your order will be behind a Perspex screen
We hope that these steps, and the many others behind the scenes, will keep us all as safe as is possible.
When the weather allows our new Garden Cafe will be open, serving hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, ice creams and the very popular Bay View cakes with al fresco eating in the newly landscaped grounds. There is no need to make an online reservation for the Garden Cafe.
We look forward to welcoming you back safely.